HEADER BLOG TITLE

12/08/2014

ByHaafner sent me straight to heaven!

 

Hello! I think you will agree with me that when ByHaafner made up this parcel for me, she knew EXACTLY what would send me over the moon and straight to heaven. 

I was on my way to enjoy my weekly crochet, carrot cake and cappuccino at the Bread and Bagels Cafe, when the staff at front desk (we are still living in a hotel) halted me to tell me that a parcel had just been delivered for me. I dove right in, gave the contents one look and whirled along the lobby all the way to the Cafe located a few skyscrapers away with a massive smile on my face!

It is all so beautiful, the antique wooden spool with the paper yarn from paperphine in Austria and the balls and balls (there are many more than what you  can see in this photo I will tell you!) of Paris Drops in the most gorgeous colours.

I am stoked and my mind resembles Pinterest Feed at the moment. I see patterns and possibilities, bags, baskets and blankets. Pity I had just started working on a throw in a vintage pattern, I will need to be quick with that project so that I can wrap my hands around this twine and cotton sooner rather than later.

Hop on over to ByHaafner and indulge yourself in her amazing blankets and doilies. Oh the doilies, I might just decide to sit back and make doilies by dozens with the Drops . . .

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!



13 comments:

  1. That paper yarn looks so interesting. Like to see what you will make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking jewelry and a very pretty bowl!

      Delete
  2. Those retro wooden spools are so lovely... I would buy them, just to use them as decoration !!
    I hope everything is OK there in Doha, not too hot.... ;-)
    How long will you be staying in that hotel ? Are there plans for a own house/apartment ?
    'N soentjie & 'n drukkie,
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those spools and it will look great displayed with our vintage cameras and typing machine etc There is an antique shop here that looks super interesting - time to pay a visit me thinks! I am house hunting - in fact I found something and am hoping to finalise the contract today. Let's hope I am able to close a deal as it is an apartment on the 26th floor wit magnificent views overlooking the ocean and lagoons. If I am unsuccessful, it means villa in the desert - for some reason I am not in the mood to live in a sand pit this time around!

      Delete
  3. Lovely Paris yarn, I have used som kg's of it.
    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica - I am eager to start using it!

      Delete
  4. As usual for you - a superb colour palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Compliments to Haafner of course.

      Delete
  5. You lucky fish - what a wonderful parcel to receive! I see a wall full of doilies or pot-holders or mandalas!
    Enjoy your crochet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very lucky indeed! Mind you I am already devising plans to get hold if Vinnis - I am having major withdrawal symptoms!

      Delete
  6. ;-))) Thanks - I'm so glad you like it!
    Have fun with it!
    xhaafner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have an awesome time with it! Thank you sooo much!

      Delete
  7. Someone essentially help to make seriously posts I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular publish amazing. Great job! best deals melbourne

    ReplyDelete